Saturday, November 28, 2009

November Confessional 09

I have always had a passion for writing, and I used to keep up an active blog, but with the craziness of life kind of stopped..i want to start doing that again, write a "blog/note" at least once a month. :) I really can't believe we just had thanksgiving....oh how much I have to be thankful for. It's funny that sometimes we actually need a holiday to remind us that we are blessed. Bible college has got me thinking about things more....my appologetics teacher always says "think about what your thinking about," At first that statement sounds pretty weird, then it sinks in and is actually pretty legit. We can attach ourselves to ideals, and rituals without thinking them through, just because something sounds or feels right...doesn't mean it is. As I am discovering more about what I believe, the more solid I am that God is real, and the more of Him I start to know, I am finding out who I am in the process. Unveiling my own heart...I see the ugliness that God has turned into beauty....as in Isaiah 61:3:"to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." I am left speachless..when I see how Jesus answers all my prayers...and hears the cries of my heart even when I'm too scared to scream them. His love...His forgivness..His grace...His healing...His purpose...makes me embrace every day with hope. When I am weak He is strong. I am constantly finding joy in the friends I make, the friends I keep, the music I hear, the dances I dance. At the end of the day...I realize the beauty outweighs the pain. I am thankful. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment